Prepared 18 February 2021.
Superseding any previous privacy policies for Tariro UK.
- We will destroy any information we hold about our donors, other individuals or organisations immediately upon receipt of a request to that effect from a donor, subject only to any legal requirements to keep information which has already been used for the purposes of reclaiming gift aid or which we are otherwise required to keep for accounting or other regulatory purposes.
- Tariro UK is a grant making charity funding projects in Zimbabwe. We are funded by donations.
- Tariro UK runs a website to publicise its activities and to provide opportunities for donations to be made by individuals visiting the web site including via a computer programme installed on our website.
- We do not accept anonymous donations apart from donations raised by way of sales of handmade items or general collections by identified third parties. In making a personal named donation the donors therefore provide us with information as to their name, the sum they have donated and the details of any corresponding bank account from which any bank transfer is made direct to our bank account. Donors, other individuals and organisations are also sometimes asked (whether by way of the website or otherwise) to provided us with address details (including electronic addresses) in order to
(a) enable us to reclaim gift aid on eligible donations and/or
(b) enable us to keep the donor, other individual or organisation informed about the work of the charity and/or
(c) to enable us to invite the donor, other individual or organisation to receptions held by the trustees
- The information provided to us either as a result of donations made to us or following a request made by us is held in secure electronic format by one of the trustee nominated by the other trustees. It is only held for the purpose of complying with regulatory or accounting requirements or for one or more of the purposes set out at paragraph 2 (a) to (c) above. It will not be released to third parties except for the purpose of complying with regulatory or accounting requirements or for one of more of the purposes set out at paragraph 3 (a) to (c) above or otherwise with the consent of the person providing such information.
- Our website and written communications contain electronic contact and postal details which may be used by our donors or by other individuals or organisations to
(a) indicate that they do not wish to receive further communications from us
(b) seek confirmation of any information we hold about them
(c) request us to correct or destroy any information we hold about them