- Tariro UK is a grant making charity funding projects in Zimbabwe. We are funded by donations however we do not accept anonymous donations apart from donations raised by way of sales of handmade items or general collections by identified third parties
- In making a personal named donation the donors therefore provide us with information as to their name, the sum they have donated and the details of any corresponding bank account from which any bank transfer is made direct to our bank account. Donors are also sometimes asked to provided us with address details in order to
(a) enable us to reclaim gift aid on eligible donations and/or
(b) and/or enable us to keep the donor informed about the work of the charity
(c) and/or to enable us to invite the donor to receptions held by the trustees
- The information provided to us either as a result of donations made to us or following a request made by us is held in secure electronic format by one of the trustee nominated by the other trustees. It is only held for the purpose of complying with regulatory or accounting requirements or for one or more of the purposes set out at paragraph 2 (a) to (c) above. It will not be released to third parties except for the purpose of complying with regulatory or accounting requirements or for one of more of the purposes set out at paragraph 2 (a) to (c) above.
- When individuals visit our website a record of such visit may be retained on their computer and on our computer system. We do not access this information in order to identify those who have visited the website.
- Our website and written communications contain electronic contact and postal details which may be used by our donors to
– indicate that they do not wish to receive further communications from us
– seek confirmation of any information we hold about them
– request us to correct or destroy any information we hold about them
- We will destroy any information we hold about our donors immediately upon receipt of a request to that effect from a donor, subject only to any legal requirements to keep information which has already been used for the purposes of reclaiming gift aid or which we are otherwise required to keep for accounting or other regulatory purposes
23 May 2018